Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kainaat Arora - 'My item song is racier than Munni'

Bollywood bombshell Kainaat Arora couldn't have asked for more. After making her Bollywood debut with Akshay Kumar in the item number, Aila Re... in Khatta Meetha last year, the sexy siren is all set to take Kollywood by storm. And this time, it's Thala Ajith, who will be dancing along with her.


Yes, Kainaat Arora recently shot for a sizzling fast-paced number for Venkat Prabhu's Mankatha, which is Ajith's 50th film.


"The producers of Mankatha saw me in Aila Re... with Akshay and tried to contact me. Initially, they weren't able to pronounce my name properly and hence, were confused about my identity. They had gotten in touch with almost 20 others before getting my number," begins Kainaat.


The actress shot with Ajith during the last five days in December. "I was originally scheduled to perform in Orissa during Christmas. But the show's organiser, unfortunately, passed away and the show was cancelled. That's when I got a call from Mankatha's producers. I guess it was destiny that brought me to Chennai. I immediately flew down to Chennai and shot with Ajith from Christmas to New Year," she says.


The song in Mankatha (which goes Machi, Open The Bottle...), she says, is racier than what she shot for in Khatta Meetha or Munni Badnaam Hui..., for that matter. "The song is set in a bar in old Mumbai and is on the lines of Munni.... I wear a Maharashtrian outfit and dance with Ajith in the song. It was so much racier than the numbers I have ever danced to. I'm sure the song will be a superhit here," she says.


Kainaat admits she was bowled over by Ajith's performance in the song. "He dances like a dream! I shot with him in a set erected in the city and during the entire shoot, his energy level didn't come down even once. He's a brilliant performer and that's why he has such a huge fan following here," she smiles.


It was not just the 'actor' Ajith that wowed her; she was also impressed with the chef in him. "On the days when I was shooting for the song, I was treated to a variety fare by Ajith. He cooked chicken biryani, dosa and idli for the unit in his vanity van," she says.


Kainaat had become so close to the actor that she expressed her desire to do more films with him in the future. "Ajith is a genuine person and now, a good friend of mine. We spoke about films and he's promised to tell me if there are offers in south," she signs off.

Courtesy: Times of India

No comments:

Post a Comment