Sunday, December 5, 2010

Vaibhav Speaks About Mankatha

He made a mark as SP Charan's younger brother in his Tamil debut, Venkat Prabhu's Saroja. In Goa, he dramatically transformed from a village lad to a spunky Goan youth. In both these ventures, Vaibhav remained unlucky in love. But now, the tables have turned and the actor is romancing not one but two actresses in his next project, Eesan. Needless to say, he's grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Yes, I've two girls for company in this film. I play a cool, urban college student who loves to live life on his own terms. Director Sasikumar wanted someone who looked like a party animal. And since I'm that off-screen, he thought that I would fit the bill. In fact, Sasi said that he was looking for someone like me even when I was shooting for Goa," begins Vaibhav.

The actor, who started off his career in Tamil under the direction of his good friend Venkat Prabhu, reveals that Sasikumar was quite a taskmaster. "Both are extremely different when it comes to work. I never really felt that I was working while shooting with Venkat Prabhu. But Sasi was quite strict on the sets. He kept looking for perfection and would not let me relax until he got the right shot. However, he was a really cool person to work with."

Vaibhav joins Venkat's gang once again with Ajith's Mankatha, in which he essays a vital role. "I have not yet started shooting with Ajith sir but I'm way too scared. Though he is a humble person and has no airs of being star, the very thought of acting with him is making me nervous. Since it's going to be a gangster subject, I have to really look tough in front of Ajith sir. Venkat Prabhu has asked me to put on weight. From the moment he said those words, I've been only eating and sleeping," he chuckles.

The actor, who has done solo hero projects in Telugu, is yet to sign similar ones in Tamil. Quiz him why and pat comes the reply, "I am receiving offers but I do not want to take up a project just for the sake of it. I want to make my debut as a solo hero in Tamil with a bang. I'm not in a hurry."

Courtesy: Times of India

No comments:

Post a Comment